When you hear the phrase ‘word of mouth’ you probably think of a naturally occurring instance where people are talking about or referring to a person, place, product, etc. Word of mouth marketing takes the work you’ve done building your brand, creating products, and treating your consumer well, and amplifies it. The key is knowing who your audience is, giving them great content and sharing your expert insights with them, and continuously growing your audience to increase your referrals.
Links/References mentioned in this episode:
- Only 11% of Salespeople ask for referrals: https://spiro.ai/3-challenges-asking-referrals/
- Customers are 4x more likely to buy when referred: https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2013/under-the-influence-consumer-trust-in-advertising.html
- Leading reasons business buyers having limited engagement is because marketers send them too much irrelevant information: https://www.bluecorona.com/blog/b2b-marketing-statistics
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads: https://www.business2community.com/infographics/marketing-automation-by-the-numbers-infographic-0342287#!rFqTU
- Mailbox Mining: https://www.boomtime.com/mailbox-mining/
- The Challenger Sale: https://www.boomtime.com/the-challenger-sale-book-summary-and-marketing-insights-non-lp/